The Rochester Woodcarvers club is a group of people from Southeastern Minnesota that have different levels of interest in wood carving. Members range from beginners through expert levels. We even have members that do not carve.
Since the beginning of the club in 1976, folks have been making everything from fun little figures to wondrous works of art (along with one or two pieces of kindling for the fire).
Folks with problems or questions find there are members willing to help with friendly technical and moral support.
● The main activity of the club is the monthly meeting that includes a Speaker and a round of Show & Tell.
● Small groups get together weekly to do actual carving at two different sites. Meetings
● Most meetings are at Zumbro Lutheran Church. Meeting Location page
● The club puts together an Annual Show that is free and open to the public.
● Carving and related classes are periodically offered through the club as well as presenting classes via Community Education.
● We annually support a local nonprofit by decorating Christmas trees using only homemade wooden ornaments and decorations. (Festival of Trees)
● Our sister club, the Zumbro Valley Woodturners, often joins us with these special activities.
Our club library has more than 400 books in addition to magazine subscriptions, video tapes, DVDs and other things. These can all be checked out by members.
Our dues are extremely low – $10 per year covers yourself and an immediate family member.
Visitors are always welcomed.
We even get folks who are visiting Rochester because of a trip to the Mayo Clinic.
Just be warned – it is likely you will want to become a member!