The Virtual Team Speaks Out
There are a number of extras and puzzles sprinkled throughout our show.
Since we revealed the owner’s of the People’s Choice at the end of voting, we decided to also include explanations for the extras and puzzles as well.
Easter Eggs Exist!
There are 3 Easter Eggs (extra tables) among the exhibitor’s tables. Have you found all three? They are: The Frog Pond, The Library and The Picnic Table (in order of difficulty to find).
* The Frog Pond is located between the tables of Bill Holzer and Wayne Hendrickson. Don’t forget to start the background sounds by clicking the play arrow.
* The Library is only accessible from the bottom of the Frog Pond.
* The Picnic Table is close to Mike Snyder’s Table.
Poster – The 2022 Virtual Show Poster includes thumbnails on the border from the Virtual tables of the 2021 exhibitors. There is one exhibitor that is missing from this set. Who is it?
* The thumbnails are in groups that follow the sequence of Virtual Tables on the 2021 Main Page. The one that is missing is from Mike Snyder.
Library – The sets of books shown have meaning to the club. What were they/Where were those books used?
* In some years the Woodcarver’s tree (created for the Festival of Trees) had challenges based on tiny book ornaments. These books had vintage covers that related to the theme of that tree. The library shelves are labeled with the year that some of these books were used.
Tables 1 – One exhibitor table is different from all of the others. Which one? (Hint: it is near the top of the table.)
* You very likely have been to this table (desk), but you never noticed that the table title is different.
Tables 2 – There are 3 sets of identical twin web pages in the show. Like most twins there tend to be small differences that clearly differentiate them. Can you find any of them? Why are twins needed? (Hint: It has to do with navigation through the show.)
* The whole show is a large loop so that folks can just keep walking forward (or backward) and visit all of the tables. (The Library is the only dead-end.) Three special tables – People’s Choice, The Virtual Team and Extras – are accessible directly from the main page. These tables have nearly identical twin copies. The second twin tables can only be reached directly from and only return to the main page. (Upon rethinking, doing this probably did not add anything to the show other than making extra work to maintain.)
The Virtual Team – A message from Alex
We need to acknowledge the people that made this show happen.
Contributors: The show would not exist if the members of our clubs did not offer materials for their tables.
Photographers: Bruce Borgschatz and Mike Snyder helped take photos for some of the exhibitors.
Web Work: Mike Snyder and myself (Alex) collected the materials from the exhibitors and built the web pages. Did you know that there are over100 individual links between the show pages and they all had to be created and tested AFTER all of the submissions were received.
Alex: People keep asking who I am. I have had some fun helping Mike get through building of this show. I especially liked fetching and returning the mail. Even though I am only 24 high, you have noticed me at the Woodcarvers Annual Show for many years on Mike’s table.